Monday, July 28, 2008

"You've got to be kidding..."

"...you're telling me that there's no bbt place in the entire city?!?"

Day one of my short break from a certain non-profit organization was rather uneventful. We did drive around the city a bit, and I think we saw maybe...two restaurants with Chinese characters on their signs. Which is rather depressing. Makes me miss Vancouver already.

The motel that wee're staying at is pretty neat. Actually, that's a lie. the air conditioning unit is missing one of the dials, so you have to unscrew the top dial in order to work the bottom dial. The TV has maybe twenty channels, and the washroom is smaller than my closet. I'm writing this on the complimentary computer in the lobby, generously equipped with Windows 2000 and "high speed internet". On a side note, I am prone to exaggerration.

Other than that, there's not much to report. One nice thing about Victoria though: Snapple Iced Tea is ridiculously cheap here.

p.s. I miss my Strawberry smoothies =[

4 comments:

xenosagafreak said...

...Three cheers for Iced Pee!

I mean, Iced Tea.

What places are you going to?

Vassily Chung said...

Victoria until tomorrow, then probably going up to Duncan and Chemainus (or however the hell you spell that). Then maybe Courtenay.

Dammit I'm going through IRC withdrawal D:

tonytung said...

You kids still use IRC? :|

Vassily Chung said...

Of course; how else would you talk to large groups of people simutaneously or play mafia online?