Saturday, December 6, 2008

We miss you, moo.

I have a confession to make. I used to play Counter-Strike: Source religiously. I'm somewhat ashamed of that fact, but it's true.

And there was one server that I'd always play on. NG's 24/7 Office Hideout. Mainly because the playerbase was relatively mature and I had decent ping on the server. I played enough that I'd hover around the 250th place mark, so naturally I got to know a couple of the regulars by name.

One of them was moo.

I logged on for the first time in two weeks today, and the first thing that I see is that moo had died a couple of days ago while on duty in Iraq.

It's rather different when someone you know through online channels die. It feels almost...less real than any other death. You keep expecting to seem them magically pop up. But that is surely not going to happen.

RIP, mate.

6 comments:

chuu said...

Now, how would the interwebs world know of his death, though? Unless, you know, he said he died himself. Or his 34 year old brother was also playing, and he posted the fact.

Moo? That's his name? Real name?

tonytung said...

This is the most emotional post yet.

chuu said...

He's becoming an emotional emo, isn't he.

Vassily Chung said...

His real name was Sean.

There was another guy who was in the army with him, who also played in the same server, so that's how we found out.

I tend to not let out my emotions on the internet, but this was a special circumstance. Look forward to more fake-happy pseudo-emo posts in the future.

chuu said...

yay!
Whatever happened to the cheer-up-emo-chuu post?

Vassily Chung said...

Was too lazy (to cheer you up ha). Sorry :x